Anacostia Rail Holdings Company owns and operates freight railroads in the United States. Combined, our companies handle the equivalent of approximately 2 million carloads per year. We provide freight rail service to major metropolitan centers, as well as smaller communities throughout America, and operate more than 760 miles of track.
Providing Outstanding Customer Service
Our subsidiaries are dedicated to providing outstanding customer service in a safe manner. They have provided excellent financial returns to their investors and have established strong business relationships with their customers, employees, and communities.
Anacostia Rail Holdings Company is the owner and manager of six U.S. railroads operating in seven states. These companies have provided excellent financial returns and have established strong business relationships with their customers, employees, and communities.
All the railroads owned and operated by Anacostia Rail Holdings Company pursue the following objectives:
- Top quality customer service and marketing;
- Close commercial and operating relationships with connecting railroads;
- Professional and accessible railroad senior management located on the property;
- Work force that operates as a safe, motivated, and competent team;
- Prudent financial structure; and
- Environmental and community stewardship
Anacostia Rail Holdings Company believes each of these objectives is essential to long-term success.