What Information is Collected?
- We collect information you choose to submit; for example, when interacting with us online at https://www.anacostia.com
- We may use common Internet technologies, such as cookies and web beacons, on our Web sites and in our e-mails to collect and store information
- We may collect usage statistics and other non-personal information
How is Information Used?
- We may use your information for marketing purposes and to inform you of services offered by us, and our trusted brands and business partners.
How is Information Shared?
- We may share information about you with vendors we have hired to provide services on our behalf;
- We may share information about you with our partners and companies that provide online content, if those companies host that content;
- We will share your information with our related companies and subsidiaries
What are Your Choices?
- You may change incorrect information by contacting us;
- You may unsubscribe from future e-mail messages and promotions from us
- You may also turn off cookies in your browser.
How is Information Protected?
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect your information;
How to contact us?
This policy does not apply to information collected on any third-party site that may link to or be accessible from our Site.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
Our Site is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to our Site. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, please do not send or otherwise provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number or e-mail address. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including:
- Information you provide to us when interacting with our Site.
- Information we collect as you navigate through the Site, including usage details, IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons
- Information we receive from third parties, for example, our business partners and customers.
Information You Provide to Us
We may collect and use the following information that you provide to us:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms or surveys on or through our Site. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services on or through our Site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Details of entering into contests, sweepstakes, surveys, promotions or participating in events sponsored by us.
Usage Details, IP Addresses, Cookies and Web Beacons
- Usage Details and IP Addresses. As you navigate through our Site, we may also collect details of your visits to our Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data, as well as information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ equipment, browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Site.
- Keep track of items in your shopping cart.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (also referred to as single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are not used to access your personal information on our Site and are only used to compile aggregated statistics concerning use of our Site.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, in the following ways:
Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfillment and management of your requests for information or to otherwise service you.
Our Marketing Purposes
- Deliver coupons, newsletters, promotions, notification of events and special offers, e-mail or mobile messages, etc.
- To present our Site and its contents in a suitable and effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To notify you about changes to our service or products.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- For statistical purposes and reporting of aggregate data.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our legal rights or in response to legal actions.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose personal information that you provide via our Site to the following third parties:
- Our subsidiaries, affiliates and related companies.
- Contractors and service providers we use to support our business.
- In the event of merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of our assets, in which case personal information held by us about our customers could be among the assets transferred to the buyer.
- We may disclose e-mail addresses as part of a suppression file or do-not-e-mail list to make sure that unsubscribe requests are forwarded to the appropriate parties to insure removal from databases, in compliance with law, including without limitation, the Can-Spam Act of 2003.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties to:
- Comply with any court order or other legal obligation.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of Anacostia, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address used for promotional purposes by us, you can opt-out/unsubscribe by clicking the “unsubscribe” or similar link in our e-mail correspondence with you. You can also always opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail information from us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may contact us at email@example.com if you wish to view, edit, or delete your personal information from our database, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
If you believe that any inaccurate or inappropriate information has been obtained or provided to others through your use of the Site, you should contact a representative of Anacostia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: Anacostia Rail Holdings Company, Attn: IT Department, 224 South Michigan Ave., Suite 330, Chicago, IL 60604-2523.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our Site may contain links to other websites. Each of these linked websites maintains its own independent privacy policies. We do not control and are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of those websites. When you leave our Site and access websites of third parties, the privacy policies of the parties maintaining those websites shall control and we shall have no responsibility for the content or privacy practices of any third party website.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
Under no circumstances shall we, nor any of our subsidiaries or affiliates, be liable for any damages, including, but not limited to, direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, that result from the use of the information or materials posted to or collected as a result of the user’s accessing our Site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Anacostia Rail Holdings Company
Attn: IT Department
224 South Michigan Ave., Suite 330
Chicago, IL 60604-2523
Copyright 2014, Anacostia Rail Holdings Company, All Rights Reserved
ANACOSTIA RAIL HOLDINGS COMPANY
Anacostia Rail Holdings Company (“Anacostia”) operates the following website https://www.anacostia.com (the “Site”). The Site provide online access to information about us, our industry and our services (the “Service”). The terms “we,” “us” and “our” as used herein refer to Anacostia.
Anacostia strives to provide correct service and consumer care information, but we cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of this information on our Site, including without limitation: documents, videos, guides, search results, FAQ’s, manuals, service comparison information, etc.
NOTICE OF TRACKING FEATURES. Anacostia may embed or include tracking features, including, but not limited to, cookies, beacons, bots, tags, water marks, tracking data, intentional non-material error in the data and other digital, electronic or non-electronic features to monitor and track the use of any data you receive through the service. You understand and agree to the inclusion and use of these tracking features.
PERMITTED USE; RESTRICTIONS ON ACCESS.
You may use the Site solely for your own personal, non-commercial use. You may download or print portions of the content of the Site, but not any significant portion of the content and not for republication or other distribution. You may use such downloads/print copies only for your own internal business purposes or personal, non-commercial use, as applicable, and you may not remove the copyright and/or other proprietary notices located on any such content.
Your use of the Site must be in accordance with all applicable laws. You do not acquire any ownership rights in the Site or any portions of its content, nor any license to the Site or any portions of its content.
Anacostia does not allow unauthorized access (hacking) into the Site. The use of deep-links, page scrapes, web crawlers, spiders, web robots, web scutters, ants, automatic indexers, bots, worms, or other such devices, or programs, algorithms or other methodologies or practices that do the same or similar things, in connection with the Site is prohibited.
In your use of the Site, you shall not submit, post or transmit any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or would otherwise violate applicable law. You may not use the Site in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party’s use of the Site. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any content through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through the Site. You may not access portions of the Site that you are not given linked access by Anacostia such as, without limitation, through brute force attempts or to locate content through manipulation of the URL or subdomains.
To access this Site or some of the resources it offers, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. It is a condition of your use of the Site that all the information you provide on this site will be correct, current, and complete. If Anacostia believes the information you provide is not correct, current, or complete, Anacostia has the right to refuse you access to this Site or any of its resources, and to terminate or suspend your access at any time.
Please keep in mind that no Internet site is 100% secure. Thus, while Anacostia strives to protect the personal information and privacy of its users, your use of the Site to transmit or store personally identifiable information is at your own risk.
The entire content of the Site and all information, materials and other content that you see, hear or otherwise experience on the Site, including, but not limited to, text, design, software, photography, video, graphics, music, sound, and the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement thereof (collectively, the “Content”) is protected under the copyright laws of the United States, international treaties and other intellectual property laws and is owned by or licensed to Anacostia or its partners, affiliates, contributors or third parties.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES.
Anacostia cannot and does not represent or warrant that the Site or its servers will be error-free, uninterrupted, free from unauthorized access (including third party hackers or denial of service attacks), or otherwise meet your requirements.
THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED BY THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THE SITE, THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT, OR THAT EMAILS SENT FROM ANY OF THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES ARE FREE OF MALWARE OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NONE OF THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE CONTENT INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED IN WRITING. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE CONTENT, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE.
On the Site, we may display names, marks, products, advertisements, or services of third parties, pop-up texts, or links to third party sites. IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY ADVERTISEMENT DISPLAYED ON THE SITE, ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIALS RELATING TO ANY SUCH ADVERTISEMENT, ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY SITE, OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE. If you decide to link to any such third party sites, you do so entirely at your own risk.
ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS. Without limiting the disclaimers otherwise set forth herein:
Correction of Errors and Inaccuracies. The Content may contain typographical errors or other errors or inaccuracies and may not be complete or current. Anacostia therefore reserves the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions and to change or update the Content at any time without prior notice. Anacostia does not, however, guarantee that any errors, inaccuracies or omissions will be corrected.
Service and Pricing Information. All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, services and prices of products or services described or depicted on the Site are subject to change at any time without notice. Certain weights, measures, and other descriptions are approximate and are provided for convenience purposes only. The inclusion of any products or services on the Site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available.
Third Party Links. The Site may contain links and interactive functionality interacting with the websites of third parties, including social sites. Anacostia is not responsible for and has no liability for the functionality, actions, inactions, privacy settings, privacy policies, terms or content of any such website. Before enabling any sharing functions of the Site to communicate with any such website or otherwise visiting any such website, Anacostia strongly recommends that you review and understand the terms and conditions, privacy policies, setting and information-sharing functions of each such third party website. The links and interactive functionality for third party sites on the Site do not constitute an endorsement by Anacostia of such third party sites. Other sites may link to our Site with or without our authorization, and we may block any links to or from the Site. YOUR USE OF THIRD PARTY WEBSITE AND RESOURCES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is controlled and operated by Anacostia from the United States, and is not intended to subject Anacostia to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Anacostia does not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction other than the United States. In choosing to access the Site, you do so on your own initiative and at your own risk, and you are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY OF THE ANACOSTIA COMPANIES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “ANACOSTIA RELATED PARTIES”) BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS, OR LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO (I) ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED OR TO BE PROVIDED BY THE ANACOSTIA RELATED PARTIES, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SAME, (II) THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, THE SERVICE, OR THE CONTENT, (III) ANY TRANSACTION CONDUCTED THROUGH OR FACILITATED BY THE SITE; (IV) ANY CLAIM ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE, THE SERVICE AND/OR THE CONTENT, (V) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, (VI) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE OR THE SERVICE, OR (VII) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE, THE SERVICE, OR THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ANY OF THE ANACOSTIA RELATED PARTIES HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
All of the information on a particular Site, whether historical in nature or forward-looking, speaks only as of the date the information is posted on the Site, and Anacostia does not undertake any obligation to update such information after it is posted or to remove such information from the Site if it is not, or is no longer accurate or complete.
You understand and agree that you are personally responsible for your use or inability to use the Service or the Site, your reliance upon any information or recommendation provided by, through or on the Site, and your behavior on the Site. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Anacostia Related Parties and Anacostia’s joint venturers, business partners, licensors, and any third-party information providers to the Service from and against all claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of your use, misuse, or inability to use the Site, the Service, or the Content, your reliance upon any information or recommendation provided on the Site, or any violation by you of this Agreement.
RULES FOR PROMOTIONS.
USE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES.
This Site are controlled, operated, and administered by Anacostia from its offices within the State of Illinois, United States of America. Anacostia makes no representation that the content of the Site is appropriate or available for use at locations outside of the United States, or that access to the content from territories outside the United States is permitted. You may not use the Site or export the content of the Site (in whole or in part) in violation of United States export laws and regulations.
No waiver by Anacostia of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. If any part of the Agreement is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, it will not impact any other provision of the Agreement, all of which will remain in full force and effect.
No rights, duties, agreements or obligations hereunder, may be assigned or transferred by operation of law, merger or otherwise, without the prior written consent of Anacostia. The obligations, rights, terms and conditions hereof will be binding upon and inure solely to the benefit of the parties hereto and their permitted respective successors and assigns.
Anacostia reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether any action you take violates the terms of this Agreement. Anacostia shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor your actions with respect to the Site, the Service, and the Content to determine compliance with this Agreement. Without limiting any other rights or remedies of Anacostia hereunder, at law, or in equity, Anacostia may suspend or terminate your access to the Service if there is any violation or threatened violation of any of the terms of this Agreement by you.
CHANGES TO THE AGREEMENT; TERMINATION.
Anacostia Rail Holdings Company
Attn: IT Department
224 South Michigan Ave., Suite 330
Chicago, IL 60604-2523
© 2014 Anacostia Rail Holdings Company. All Rights Reserved.